- Glass pipes are generally considered safest for medical use and provide the best flavor.
- Many pipes have a hole on the side called a “carb” or “shotgun,” which should be covered with your thumb when lighting the pipe. You can release the carb to moderate airflow once the pipe is lit.
- Many patients don’t realize that screens are optional for most pipes. Try skipping screens for easier cleaning.
- This method produces a large volume of smoke, so caution should be exercised to avoid irritation and coughing.
- The “carb” or “shotgun” should be used frequently to clear smoke from the chamber. Smoke left in the chamber is more irritating to the lungs.
- Water should be replaced before each use and water pipes should be cleaned regularly.
- Water pipes are easily knocked over and should never be left sitting out or placed in precarious places.
- This method is convenient and provides good flavor when quality flowers are used.
- Keep in mind that a normal sized pre-roll may contain more than one dose, depending on your needs and tolerance.
- Though popular, pre-rolls are not the most efficient way to consume cannabis, because some smoke is lost into the air.
- Pre-rolls tend to produce a stronger cannabis aroma than other methods and should be avoided if you’re interested in minimizing odor.
- When lighting cannabis, inhale softly through your device until you see the flame being gently drawn into the cannabis itself.
- When inhaling, draw the smoke fully into your lungs before exhaling. If you don’t see smoke when exhaling, this means your product isn’t properly lit or your smoking device may be clogged.
- Always use the minimum amount of heat necessary to ignite the product. Excess heat will actually reduce the flavor and potency of your product.
- When preparing a pipe or pre-roll, only include the amount of cannabis you wish to consume at that time. This will help moderate your dosage and ensure that any remaining product can be stored properly for future use.
- Using a grinder will help your cannabis burn more evenly and expose cannabinoids to improve potency.